Tampa, along with Miami things to do, is one of the most popular places where you can soak in Spanish cultural influences. In fact, some of the most popular fun things to do in Tampa can be found in Ybor historic district which is home to museums and charming shops.
The city of Tampa is also one of the most popular beach Vacation Spots in Florida as the city is only an hour’s drive from Kissimmee attractions, Orlando attractions and Orlando downtown nightlife.
Fun Things to do in Tampa: Festivals & Events
* Guavaween Festival, held in October in Ybor City, is the Latin version of Halloween and features live music and food contests.
* The Cigar Heritage Festival, held in November in Ybor district, is a renowned event and one of the most popular fun things to do in Tampa in this month. The festival features master cigar makers which show how hand-rolled cigars are made.
* Gasparilla Pirate Festival, held in late January, is one of the most popular events in Tampa where you can see a fully-rigged pirate ship sailing into the heart of Tampa, as well as people dressed in pirate clothing.
Fun Things to do in Tampa: Places of Interest
Busch Gardens is one of the most popular attractions in Tampa Florida as it is both an amazing amusement park as well as an eighty acre zoo where you can enjoy an African-style safari.
The Florida Aquarium is along with Busch Gardens two of the most popular fun things to do in Tampa for families. The aquarium features many interactive programs where visitors can swim with the marine life that includes sharks.
The Henry B. Plant Museum
For history buffs, the Henry Plant Hotel/ Museum provides a great insight into how people lived in the 20th century. The hotel/ museum is home to many rooms which are open to the public to tour.
Ybor City District
Ybor City historic district, also known as the Latin District, is another popular place to visit in Tampa and admire the beautiful Spanish architecture, learn Ybor City history and soak in the thriving Latin culture here.
The Ybor City Museum State Park
The Ybor City Museum State Park is a state park home to the Ybor City Museum where you can see permanent exhibits on the founding and early history of Ybor City and learn about the history of Tampa.
The Channel District, home to the Port of Tampa, is also an interesting place to be and see a variety of cruise lines and luxury sailboats.
Fun Things to do in Tampa: Sports
If you are a sports fan, Tampa is home to the NFL Tampa bay buccaneers NFL team and the Tampa bay lighting NHL team. The city of Tampa is also home to the New York Yankees spring training and the outback college football bowl game.
Fun Things to do in Tampa: Nightlife & Entertainment
* If you are traveling with the family Channelside Bay Plaza, nearby the Florida Aquarium, is perhaps one of the best places to hang out with the family.
Channelside Bay Plaza is a multi-entertainment complex home to a theater, IMAX, shops, restaurants and more; where you can spend a fun night out.
* For a more diverse night scene experience, head to the Latin District or Ybor district. Ybor City district is home to many live venues and bars to suit all tastes, as well as a comedy club at the Centro Ybor.
Fun Things to do in Tampa: Shopping & Dining
* If love retail shopping, you will find Channelside Bay Plaza a great place to shop. The plaza is home to a variety of shops where you can shop until your heart’s content.
* Another popular place to enjoy shopping and dining is Centro Ybor in Ybor City district. The plaza is home to restaurants, boutiques and theaters, where you can purchase souvenir gifts and enjoy Latin cuisine.
See.Places to visit in St Petersburg FL
Florida Destinations in January
Places to visit in St Augustine FL
Places to visit in Naples FL
Places to visit in Jacksonville Florida