Looking for summer vacation spots in the US?
|Top beaches in Massachusetts|
In New England you can enjoy fun activities such as whale watching tours, winery tours, factory tours, scenic drives along the coast, exploring the lighthouses and visiting amusement parks. New England is a popular vacation destinations in the US for outdoor enthusiasts as the region boasts woodlands and lakes ideal for wildlife spotting, camping, hiking and fishing.
For instance, an excellent place where you can enjoy hiking and beach activities is at the Acadia National Park, and Biddeford Beach which is one of the best beaches in southern Maine.
If you’re a history buff and are interested in art, Burlington Vermont, Greenwich Connecticut and Hartford Attractions include the Shelburne Museum, the Bruce Museum and the Mark Twain Home respectively.
For families traveling with kids, there are many summer vacation spots in New England offering plenty of attractions such as the Children's Museum in Mashpee Cape Cod and the Ben and Jerry’s factory, which is one of the most popular places to visit in Vermont.
Top 3 Summer Vacation Spots in New England
1. Boston Massachusetts
Home to the popular Museum of Science, Freedom Trail and the Boston Jazz Festival, Boston Massachusetts boasts plenty of attractions to suit everyone and every taste.
Apart from city attractions, Boston Massachusetts is popular for its whale watching opportunities as well as outdoor opportunities at the nearby Boston Harbor Islands National Recreational Area.
2. Hampton Beach New Hampshire
Hampton Beach New Hampshire is, undoubtedly, one of the most popular summer vacation spots in New England boasting sandy beaches and summer festivals such as the Children’s Festival and the Master Sand Sculptors Competition.
3. Providence Rhode Island
From outdoor pursuits to cultural attractions, a vacation in Providence RI allws you the chance to enjoy both city attractions such as taking a walking tour of College Hill District; and recreational activities such as hiking and wildlife spotting at the Nicholas Farm Wildlife Management Area.
Quick Facts about New England
If you’ve never been to New England and are planning a summer vacation in the region, I’ve put together some facts that characterized the region of New England:
- New England comprises six states and they include Vermont, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine and Rhode Island.
- Mount Washington is the highest peak in New England, and it is located in New Hampshire
- The largest lake and the longest river are Lake Champlain and the Connecticut River respectively.
- New England has the largest proportion of English ancestry in the United States
- Fall Foliage comes earlier than in other regions of the US, and the region is one of the best destinations in November for leaf-peeping.
- Massachusetts is the most populated state in the region
- Vermont is the only New England state that doesn’t border the ocean
- Two of the oldest universities in the US are found in New England. Namely, Harvard University and the Yale University
- New England cuisine consists of dairy products and seafood such as lobster, cod and clam chowder.
- Basketball and Volleyball were invented in New England
- Boston Marathon is the longest annually running marathon in the world
See below more popular vacation spots in New England:
Top 10 attractions in Cape Cod
Most Beautiful places in Vermont
Tourist Attractions in Northeast USA
Top Amusement Parks on the East Coast
Attractions in Connecticut
Beautiful Places to visit in New England
popular summer activities in Vermont
Places to visit in New Haven CT
Places to visit in Newport RI
Places to visit in Stamford CT
Beautiful American Lakes
Top 10 Theme Parks in the USA
Places to visit in Cape May
Places to visit in Bar Harbor Maine
Places to visit in Manchester NH
Interesting places to visit in Rhode Island
Places to visit in Salem MA
Interesting places to visit in Maine
Interesting places to visit in New Hampshire
Interesting places to visit in Connecticut
Interesting places to visit in New Brunswick